It’s the weekend before the official love day, and whether you’re just celebrating you or love divine with your partner, thoughts ultimately turn to… wine!
Much like at Halloween, I noticed many labels this year sporting a serious Valentine’s vibe.
Here are three that caught my eye.
Young and fruity, this Pinot has flavors of:
• Red fruit such as: strawberry, cherry and raspberry
• Cola- yes! Like the soft drink, this wine has that bright, effervescent mouthfeel (sans bubbles) that you find in cola. It made this almost refreshing in a way.
• Silky tannins
It pairs well with:
• Pullled pork, seared salmon/tuna
• Roasted chicken or duck
• Cherry flan
Originating in Spain, but imported and bottled in Napa, this is a 95% Grenach, 5%Tempranillo. What makes this wine unique:
- Essences of lavender
- Strawberry, raspberry
- Liquorice with a hint of leather
It pairs nicely with:
- Rich, lusty stews featuring pork or lamb
- British pub classics such as shepherds pie, bangers and mash
- Favorite winter go-to’s like mac and cheese
2016 Finca Pasion MiAmor Malbec Ihaven’t profiled this on my Malbec Monday posts so this was nice to find! As with most Malbecs, this features darker fruit characters with some spice and:
• Essences of plum, and a little strawberry
• Clove and pepper for a little caliente
It’s dinner companions include:
• Beef or venison
• Chili con carne, fajitas, beef burritos
• Pasta bolognese or with meatballs
There are many great choices out there to help set the mood but remember this: If you can’t be with the wine you love, love the wine you’re with!
Have a fun and safe Valentine’s Day! ❤️🍷❤️
©TheWine Student, 2018